Andrew has more than 13 years of experience consulting for pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostic clients ranging from the earliest stages of company formation to established global organizations. In addition to advising clients across all major therapeutic areas, he specializes in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) strategy, product life cycle management and portfolio strategy.
Andrew has more than a decade of experience advising life science companies on competitive positioning and product strategy, M&A opportunity identification, product life cycle management and portfolio optimization projects. His work spans the pharmaceutical value chain from market and opportunity assessment to life cycle management and due diligence for licensing and acquisition deals. He also advises on a range of therapeutic classes, including small molecules, large-molecule biologics, cell therapies, devices, and diagnostics, and has specific therapeutic expertise in the areas of oncology, inflammation and immunology.
Throughout his career, Andrew has led:
- A landscape assessment and portfolio planning for multiple myeloma (MM) and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) CAR-T future treatments.
- An immuno-oncology (IO) hematologic malignancy landscape review and investment prioritization assessment, including indications and partnering strategies for late-stage IO therapeutics.
- A business development asset screen, prioritization, market landscape assessment and portfolio strategy within multiple solid tumor and hematologic malignancies.
- Commercial diligence assessments across multiple hematological and solid tumor malignancies.
- The development of a portfolio strategy for a commercial-stage product for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).
- A rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and lupus nephritis (LN) market landscape analysis, including thermal protective performance (TPP) testing, competitive positioning and development strategies for early-stage inflammation, and immunology portfolios.
- The facilitation of competitive simulations to inform brand and portfolio strategies across multiple therapeutic areas.
Prior to joining Huron, Andrew was a consultant at the Frankel Group, a life science strategy consulting firm. In this position, he oversaw multiple top ten pharmaceutical and biotech clients in addition to small-cap biotech, startup and private equity clients across business-strategy-focused engagements.