David has nearly 30 years of experience helping clients across many industries innovate in areas such as organizational strategy, operational efficiency, strategic change management, and human capital management, as well as in communications and culture.
Organizational transformation is an ethos, the spirit of a culture, represented through iterative or large-scale change. Leadership and engagement at all levels of an enterprise are required to fully realize the benefits of transformational programs.”
David has nearly three decades of experience advising clients in federal, nonprofit and commercial organizations on how to develop strategies across different business functions, including human capital management, human resources (HR), finance and accounting. He brings years of experience in organizational leadership, strategic alliances, business process improvement and communications, helping clients maximize profitability, growth, efficiency and quality.
Throughout his career, David has:
- Led a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement a federal healthcare business development strategy, resulting in 400% growth across three major federal departments.
- Spearheaded four national strategic initiatives across 17 divisions of a healthcare organization, improving financial management, HR information systems and relationship management systems, and establishing a shared services center.
- Managed complex projects — including change management, strategic communications, training, social media analytics and strategy, and business process improvement — for three federal health organizations.
- Advised clients from various industries — including healthcare, medical devices, biotechnology, defense, automotive, banking and high tech — on innovations and improvements in finance, human resources, shared services, information technology, process efficiency, cost reduction and return on investment.
Prior to Huron, David was a managing director at Grant Thornton, where he served as the federal life sciences sector leader. He has also held management positions with Deloitte, as managing director in the defense, security and justice sector and the federal health sector; BearingPoint Inc. as a managing director; KMPG as a senior manager; and The Hackett Group as a senior consultant.
David received his Bachelor of Arts from Wabash College and his Master of Business Administration from Cleveland State University. He also completed the executive development program at Yale University. In his consulting career, David completed the Apex Leadership Academy and inclusive leadership training through Deloitte and became a certified project management professional.
David has volunteered for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the American Cancer Society, the American Red Cross, and The Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
- Business Planning
- Mergers Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Strategic Planning
- Change Management and Leadership
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Cleveland State University
- B.A., Wabash College
- Project Management Professional