Dean BoydContact Dean Boyd
Dean has over 15 years of experience assisting healthcare clients with performance improvement and care transformations. He has specific expertise in revenue cycle, electronic health record conversion, managed services and provider adoption.
Communication is a crucial factor with any transformation event; it can be easy when things are going well, but it's crucial when things are not.”
Dean has worked with healthcare leaders for more than 15 years to help improve their operational efficiencies and productivity while providing innovative solutions to meet the growing demands of quality-of-care delivery and regulatory compliance. He has helped clients reach strategic business objectives involving IT, finance, informatics, human resources and quality departments, with a specific focus on increasing business agility, reducing risk, mitigating cost and improving patient outcomes.
Throughout his career, Dean has:
- Provided a customized hybrid managed services model, which leveraged on-site, remote and offshore resources teams, to maintain the day-to-day operations for 70 IT applications over 18 months for a $500 million community hospital converting to Epic.
- Provided an outsourced education and simulator-based training platform to a $1 billion healthcare network for all 10 acute care and 40-plus ambulatory locations for their providers, clinicians and nonclinical staff as they deployed and upgraded their Cerner Millennium clinical modules over the next five years.
- Provided a comprehensive revenue cycle optimization for a $350 million health system, focused on Cerner Soarian Financials system enhancements that improved claims, credit balances, remittance processing and cash posting, for an annual recurring cash improvement exceeding $30 million.
- Provided a pricing and analytics solution that modeled regional, relational and market data, which allowed a $275 million community hospital to make strategic changes to its products, procedures and services to achieve a $2 million net revenue improvement within 12 months.
Before Huron, Dean served as director of healthcare consulting at Futura Healthcare, a technology consulting business. At Atos, he held the role of regional sales executive within its digital healthcare consulting division. Dean has held other leadership roles at healthcare and technology consulting firms.
Dean holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration from the University of Denver. He is a member of the New England chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Areas of Expertise
- Electronic Health Records
- Learning Solutions Implementation
- Managed Services
- Performance Improvement Implementation
- Revenue Cycle
Education & Certifications
- B.S., University of Denver
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More