Eddie has over 10 years of experience helping healthcare institutions elevate and accelerate their growth and transformation through collaboration and agile solutions, including business process improvement and performance optimization.
Organizational transformation requires aligned values and commitment from the C-suite to energize and invigorate the front lines. ”
For more than a decade, Eddie has led healthcare clients through mergers and acquisitions, strategic growth activities, business process improvements, and performance optimization — transforming patient service and care delivery as well as increasing client value and driving revenue growth.
Throughout his career, Eddie has:
- Helped an integrated managed care consortium based in California achieve over $400 million in cost savings by designing and deploying systems, processes and tools that deliver more efficiency across the organization.
- Led operational improvements at a large nonprofit healthcare provider, saving $75 million through vendor negotiations, the standardization of processes, and clinical quality outcome improvements.
- Standardized services across three regions for a nonprofit Catholic healthcare system, enabling network operators to efficiently deliver services with an expectation of cross-compatibility among equipment, saving $20 million.
Prior to Huron, Eddie served as senior director of strategic portfolio management at Kaiser Permanente. He also held the role of executive director of operations at Swedish Health Services. Eddie established Swafford & Associates, an independent organizational change management consultancy. At Providence Health & Services, Eddie served as senior director of information services and senior director of project management. He has also worked as a manager of the project management office at Swedish Medical Center and as an information services physician liaison at Overlake Hospital. Before working in healthcare, Eddie served for nearly 10 years as a computer-aided design (CAD) administrator and mechanical designer at Marshalltown Company and PDS Tech.
Eddie earned his Master of Science in organizational leadership from the University of Colorado Boulder. He holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Providence and an associate degree from Cleveland State Community College. He holds an organizational change management certification from Cornell University and a mechanical design and engineering certificate from the Tennessee College of Applied Technology — Nashville.
Areas of Expertise
- Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Change Management and Leadership
- Enterprise Strategy
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Performance Improvement
- Life Sciences
Education & Certifications
- M.S., University of Colorado Boulder
- B.S., University of Providence
- A.S., Cleveland State Community College
- Organizational Change Management Certification, Cornell University