Eric has over 20 years of financial experience in investment and corporate banking, with specific expertise in strategic advisory, capital markets, leverage finance, private placements and public securities. He is a trusted adviser to clients across industries as they encounter complex disputes and investigations in the areas of capital markets, in- and out-of-court restructurings, solvency matters, breaches of contract, forensic accounting, and post-merger and acquisition (M&A) disputes.
Eric has over two decades of experience advising clients on complex disputes and investigations involving forensic accounting, breaches of contract, debt and equity capital markets, post-M&A disputes, and insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy matters.
Eric specializes in areas of securities and transaction-related disputes, solvency and fraudulent conveyance issues, breach of contract, ability to pay, damages analysis, lost profits, business valuations, forensic accounting, investigations, data analytics and post-M&A disputes.
Throughout his career, Eric has:
- Served as an expert on behalf of a Canadian regulatory agency investigating mortgage operator brokerage activities, mortgage administrator fiduciary duties, and various developer responsibilities in promoting, raising and administering nearly 1 billion Canadian dollars in syndicated mortgages.
- Financial adviser to a U.S. government agency on environmental claims in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large private sector coal company.
- Provided litigation consulting and valuation analysis on behalf of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) trustee against allegations of breach of fiduciary duties and causing and engaging in a prohibited transaction.
- Served as expert in a litigation matter regarding valuation of purchased loan and credit facility and membership units, solvency issues and other valuation matters relating to fraudulent transfer and breach of contract actions.
- Served as an expert in a litigation matter involving the valuation of a subordinated debt instrument and stock in a closely held company relating to a fraudulent transfer/conversion action.
- Served as independent arbitrator in a post-acquisition dispute between opposing private equity firms relating to the purchase price allocation of Class IV and Class V assets.
- Served as an expert for an oil and gas company in a Chapter 11 litigation matter relating to breach of contract and tortious interference actions regarding termination of a $300 million asset sale and an unreasonable request for financial assurance.
Before joining Huron, Eric was a managing director of disputes and investigations at Duff & Phelps. Prior to that, he was a senior managing director at another international consulting firm, where he led the firm’s Chicago business and served on the national leadership team. Earlier in his career, Eric was an investment banker with Banc of America Securities LLC and Deloitte. Eric was also the co-founder and managing partner of Paradigm Capital.
Eric holds a Master of Business Administration in finance and accounting with highest honors from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an undergraduate degree in finance from Miami University. Eric is a certified insolvency and restructuring adviser (CIRA).
Areas of Expertise
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Mergers Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Consumer Products
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Professional and Business Services
- Public Sector
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S., Miami University
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Adviser