Frank WinegarContact Frank Winegar
Frank has over 17 years of experience working with multifacility health systems, academic health centers and pediatric hospitals to transform their approach to population health, care delivery, and patient engagement and access.
Frank has nearly two decades of experience helping healthcare systems, hospitals and academic health centers adapt their operations to thrive in a value-based care environment. He is an expert in Huron's Acute Hospital in a Home offering, which establishes a virtual hospital environment outside the traditional care facility to improve outcomes, lower costs and increase patient satisfaction.
Frank also has deep expertise working with healthcare leaders to identify and execute operational improvements across functional areas, including perioperative process redesign, population health, patient access to care, scheduling standardization, case management, staff realignment and length-of-stay reductions.
Throughout his career, Frank has:
- Overseen the execution of value-based payor contracts totaling over $1 billion in medical spend and led 10 different value-based payor / provider relationships.
- Helped provider organizations generate over $12 million in financial shared savings through effective management of high-risk patient populations and coordinated post-acute care models.
- Managed system implementations and project teams on patient flow improvement projects at hospitals ranging from 200 to 800 beds with a focus on interdisciplinary care coordination, reorganizing the care management department, and improving interdepartmental communication, patient satisfaction and efficiency.
- Led process improvement initiatives across three geographic regions and nine hospitals to enhance coordination of care and case management functions at a large Midwest health system.
Prior to his time at Huron, Frank was a senior client service executive at Empiric Health, an analytics-enabled service company that identifies unwarranted clinical variation in the perioperative setting. He also served as the vice president and general manager of Primaria Health LLC, a firm providing population health and value-based contract services for over 200,000 patient lives.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
- Care Transformation
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Indiana University - Bloomington
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More