John has nearly 25 years of experience providing forensic accounting, auditing and consulting services to organizations across industries.
John has over two decades of experience advising executive leaders, corporate boards and audit committees through complex accounting and auditing issues. He specializes in investigations and disputes, with deep expertise in financial reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 controls and processes.
John has led numerous fraud investigations and disputes related to the application of generally accepted accounting (GAAP) principles, generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards. He also oversees investigations related to anti-corruption and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), employee misconduct, misappropriation of funds and kickbacks.
Throughout his career, John has:
- Led the accounting team for the Securities Investor Protection Act liquidation of MF Global Inc.
- Led an investigation of a large global company related to allegations of bribery, financial reporting fraud and conflicts of interest.
- Served as an expert adviser to a large global financial institution in connection with a Ponzi scheme litigation.
- Served as an expert to analyze “ability to pay” fines for a large global shipbuilding company in connection with an FCPA violation.
- Served as an expert to the creditors’ committee in an asbestos-related Chapter 11 filing.
- Served as an expert to the member and interest holders of a manufacturing company in a Chapter 11 filing.
- Served as an accounting expert to a company supplying racing information and statistics in a royalty fee dispute arbitration.
- Led an accounting investigation of a global life sciences company related to improper revenue recognition.
- Served as an expert in several accountants’ liability cases.
- Assisted numerous organizations develop and implement anti-fraud programs and controls.
- Advised senior executives on the quality of their organizations’ accounting, financial reporting and operational practices, and ways to improve the transparency of their financial statements and internal controls.
Prior to joining Huron, John was a managing director in Alvarez & Marsal’s disputes and investigation practice. He also held audit and advisory leadership roles at Deloitte.
John is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. He currently serves on the board of the Bao Sei Foundation.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Financial Services
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Professional and Business Services
Education & Certifications
- B.S., New York University
- Certified Public Accountant, New York and New Jersey
- Certified Fraud Examiner