Jonathan EpsteinContact Jonathan Epstein
For over 20 years, Jonathan has helped higher education institutions transform student recruitment and enrollment strategy, blending innovative data analysis with practical experience to deliver maximum value and return on investment.
A successful recruitment engagement generates deep and authentic interest among prospective students — and surpasses the client’s expectations.”
For over two decades, Jonathan has used data-driven insights to enhance the enrollment strategy for over 200 higher education institutions. He specializes in undergraduate student recruitment strategy; student search strategy, analysis and implementation; financial aid strategy and modeling; and enrollment management.
Throughout his career, Jonathan has:
- Helped a private Midwestern university grow its applicant pool by more than 30% over the prior year, setting all-time records both for applicants and admits, which the institution has broken multiple times since.
- Led a student search initiative at a private liberal arts college on the East Coast to help surpass the college’s goal of 8,000 applications, achieving this objective in the first year and for six consecutive years.
- Managed a senior search campaign for a public research university, achieving a significant increase in applications for fall 2017 that continues to grow through ongoing collaboration.
- Guided a private art and design school to achieve a spike in its applicant pool, reaching record applications several times since.
Prior to joining Huron, Jonathan served as senior vice president of enrollment strategies at Whiteboard Higher Education, which was acquired by Huron in 2021. He also held the roles of vice president of enrollment analytics at Fire Engine RED, senior consultant at Maguire Associates, and associate director of enrollment management at Brandeis University.
Jonathan holds a master’s degree in higher education administration from Harvard University and a bachelor’s in social psychology from Wesleyan University.
A recognized thought leader, he is the author of numerous well-received publications, as well as the recipient of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) Journal of College Admission’s 2010 John B. Muir Editor Award, which recognizes the author who has made the most significant contribution to the journal that year.
Areas of Expertise
- Student Lifecycle Management
Education & Certifications
- M.Ed., Harvard University
- B.A., Wesleyan University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More