Marc has 25 years of experience in healthcare and life sciences consulting. He specializes in guiding life sciences companies and investors through critical decisions related to portfolio planning, business development and licensing (BD&L), and commercial strategy.
Marc has worked with life sciences companies and their assets across all stages, from preclinical research through clinical development to launch and early commercialization, and pre-, peri- and post-loss-of-exclusivity. His clients have spanned major global pharmaceutical, biotechnology, specialty pharmaceutical, medtech, generics, and life sciences and healthcare services organizations.
Marc works extensively with private equity and lenders, helping firms understand the life sciences and healthcare markets, and providing commercial diligence and valuation forecasting to support transactional decisions. He also advises investment banks to support their client companies in preparing for fund raises, partnering and licensing transactions.
Throughout his career, Marc has led a diverse range of initiatives including:
- Conducting broad-based landscape assessments across disease areas, drug classes and mechanisms to prioritize clinical and commercial white space opportunities and drive clients’ portfolio planning and BD&L strategies and tactics.
- Evaluating product and asset commercial opportunities and forecasting revenue across a range of internal and external scenarios, as defined by clinical profile, market sizing (epidemiology, unit volume, dollar value), pricing and access, and other sensitivities.
- Assessing global market access requirements specific to therapeutic products and assets, and determining the implications for pricing and reimbursement strategies.
- Performing valuations at the product, portfolio and enterprise level, including assessing revenue opportunity, development costs and risk-adjusted discounted cash flow and internal rate-of-return, as well as incorporating transactional proxies.
- Formulating organizational development plans, including defining investments, roles and workflows by functional area, to address market requirements and challenges facing products and assets approaching launch, or at more mature life cycle stages.
Prior to joining Huron, Marc was a managing director with Frankel Group, a boutique life sciences strategy consulting firm. He has also worked in the managed care industriy, including in strategic marketing at Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield.