Maureen has more than three decades of healthcare leadership experience that she brings to her work as a trusted coach and adviser to executive teams.
Maureen is a lifelong coach with more than 30 years of experience as a healthcare leader, helping organizations execute and stay accountable for fulfilling their strategic goals. She specializes in developing leadership teams and managing organizational improvement efforts to improve care quality and patient outcomes.
Throughout her career, Maureen has:
- Led the development of the corporate acute care hospital quality framework, driving hospital accountability around key performance indicators and actions.
- Successfully led acute care hospitals through four Accreditation Canada cycles, achieving “Exemplary Standing,” positive engagement and commitment to quality patient care.
- Led the creation of new service offerings in acute care hospitals around quality and risk management, patient safety, discharge planning, and social work services.
Maureen has been a progressive and resourceful coach to Ontario health systems for the past six years. Prior to joining Huron, Maureen held clinical and leadership roles in acute care, ambulatory and primary care settings. She has collaborated with physicians, senior executives and board members as a member of medical advisory committees and the quality committee of the board, focusing on improving patient quality, safety and patient experience; aligning metrics; and building a high-performance culture.
Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Cultural Change
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Wilfrid Laurier University
- MSW, Wilfrid Laurier University
- BSW, University of Victoria
- Certified LEADS coach (Canadian College of Health Leaders)
- Certified Health Executive (Canadian College of Health Leaders)
- Certified Just Culture Specialist (Just Culture Institute)