Mike has more than 30 years of experience providing organizational information technology (IT) leadership and oversight for numerous health systems to design and implement high-quality, cost-effective IT solutions. He has significant experience with application management, information technology contracting, organizational consolidation, affiliations, portfolio and large-scale project management, and IT operations.
I work with clients to leverage IT solutions that not only drive operational improvement but enhance the patient and physician experience. ”
Mike has served the healthcare industry in executive leadership roles and as an IT strategy consultant for more than three decades. He has specific expertise in information technology planning, governance, selecting, contracting, total cost of ownership (TCO) development, and implementing systems and solutions. His numerous client engagements include evaluating electronic health record (EHR) vendor solutions, centralizing siloed IT functions and optimizing software applications.
Throughout his career, Mike has:
- Designed a $26 million initiative to standardize financial and supply chain solutions and develop integration plans with the Epic master schedule for a newly formed five-hospital system.
- Implemented a strategy to consolidate and standardize the portfolio of over 1,200 applications across more than 20 hospitals in five regions, resulting in a 20% reduction in applications and a savings of more than $2 million.
- Developed the project, staffing, budget and governance plans for the migration to a centralized human resources information system (HRIS) that aligned common job codes, pay practices, benefits and standard HR operations across a multihospital system.
- Led numerous engagements to assess the current state and develop IT strategies and improvement plans to manage costs, improve delivery, and position IT as a strategic enabler for the organization.
- Facilitated strategic portfolio planning and system selections for EHR and enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions.
Prior to joining Huron, Mike held positions as an IT clinical and business applications director, IT director, vice president and chief information officer, and executive consultant.
Mike is a member of and frequent speaker for the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
Mike holds a Master of Business Administration in management and a Bachelor of Science in computer science from Youngstown State University.