Nancy MiracleContact Nancy Miracle
Nancy brings over 30 years of experience across the clinical, business and management realms of healthcare. She helps clients balance digital capabilities with the strategic and operational directions of health systems and payors to yield higher margins and lasting results.
The ever-changing healthcare environment demands constant evaluation, clear communication and the course-correction of actions taken to ensure goals are being met. Flexibility and adaptability is key.”
Nancy has over three decades of experience as a healthcare leader, program developer, technical program leader and expert facilitator, helping healthcare institutions transform their strategy, operations and technology. She recommends enhancements for system automation and regulation to improve clinical practice and client services, providing consistent solutions by integrating advanced, comprehensive tools and resources. Nancy uses a big-picture approach as a technical program leader, prioritizing agile and lean processes to promote a collaborative approach to problem solving and goal attainment.
Throughout her career, Nancy has:
- Designed a new support services model to better track electronic medical records requests from over 70 hospitals and 150 outpatient centers using Cerner, Meditech, McKesson, Allscripts and NextGen systems, including budgetary restructuring for $84.5 million for a nationwide for-profit healthcare entity.
- Enhanced the data standardization efforts at a regional nonprofit health system through the introduction of a data warehouse and business intelligence surveillance tool, a standards library and a data analytics program, redefining rules and resetting the data governance charter.
- Automated a full-suite electronic medical record system for a critical access hospital. The project included a telehealth/teleconsult component, linking to an academic integrated delivery network for real-time interactions as well as health information exchange data sharing.
Before Huron, Nancy served as partner of Executive Pathways Advisory Group, focused on navigating the complex healthcare technology environment. She held the roles of executive vice president and chief nursing officer at MedSys Group. At Phoenix Health Services, she served as vice president and chief nursing officer. She was the chief nurse executive of the healthcare consulting practice at Cognizant, a solutions architect and national practice lead for Cerner’s healthcare consulting practice, a product manager at CareScience, and an enterprise practice leader at Cerner Corporation. Nancy also served in clinical coordinator roles at Garden City Hospital and Botsford General Hospital.
Nancy earned her Bachelor of Science from Mercy College. She is registered as a nurse in Ohio and Michigan.
Nancy is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and the American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA). She is a Sigma Theta Tau nurse executive leader and a past examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige Award.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Care Transformation
- Electronic Health Records
- Patient Transformation
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Mercy College
- R.N., State of Ohio and State of Michigan
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More