Peter has more than 20 years of experience in the higher education and healthcare sectors, helping organizations realize transformational change by improving operational efficiency through the application of sound business principles and technology. He specializes in organization and information technology (IT), strategic planning, business process redesign, software selection, systems design and systems implementation.
A successful engagement means delivering meaningful results that help my clients achieve transformational change.”
Peter collaborates with Huron’s higher education and healthcare clients to increase efficiency and optimize resources. He has advised on the selection, implementation and execution of software applications, including Oracle, Workday, Lawson, SAP and others, to help institutions develop new charts of accounts and modernize their operations.
Peter has led efforts to develop and implement strategic plans for several universities’ IT functions, including assessing the organizational structure and headcount of IT units, reviewing existing business processes and technologies, integrating the IT function with broader organizational strategic goals, and developing and implementing specific recommendations aimed at improving the operational performance of the IT unit.
He has experience in evaluating financial, human resource and student administration functions to identify and implement opportunities for operational improvement, including ways to increase student success, generate new revenue streams and reduce administrative costs.
Across client engagements, Peter has:
- Provided and helped implement recommendations aimed at improving the level of service delivered and/or decreasing service delivery costs.
- Assisted clients in developing software applications for commercial release or internal use, leading teams through each step of the development process, including system design, construction, testing and rollout.
- Provided research administration expertise to several software vendors during the design, development and testing of commercially available grant management products.
- Led project teams engaged to help clients achieve a more optimal cost structure. He has provided detailed analyses and guidance in order to make complex decisions regarding headcount, market offerings and organizational design.
Peter holds a Master of Business Administration from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a Bachelor of Science from Washington University in St. Louis.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Student Information Systems
- Huron Research Suite
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- MBA, The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- B.S., Washington University in St. Louis