Scott specializes in corporate finance, digital transformation and performance management. He has spent nearly 20 years collaborating with clients on process improvement and technology strategies to enhance financial and operational performance.
Transformational change isn’t a singular event, but rather a continuous process that’s required to enable an organization to realize its strategy and mission. Ensuring these changes are positive and sustainable are the key tenets to measuring success for my clients.”
Scott has advised clients across a range of business activities, including strategic planning and forecasting, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), valuation, liquidity issues, recapitalization, capital planning and portfolio optimization. He is widely recognized as a thought leader in the implementation of strategic planning processes and solutions, whose primary focus is to help organizations improve top- and bottom-line results. Scott has worked with Global 1000 companies spanning a variety of industries, including oil and gas, financial services, transportation, insurance, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, utilities, natural resources and professional services.
Throughout his career, Scott has:
- Led a global rollout of underwriting, portfolio management and reporting systems for a multinational banking institution.
- Developed a treasury and strategic planning model with a specific focus on new-store forecasting, liquidity analysis, M&A functionality and covenant compliance for a major restaurant management company with over 10 brands and hundreds of locations globally.
- Led the rollout of a long-range forecasting process used to evaluate strategic growth initiatives, perform peer analysis and quantify pro forma basis for a merger transaction for a Fortune 100 airline.
- Designed and implemented a planning application for a regional hospital system that modeled key drivers in the revenue cycle and patient delivery costs.
Prior to joining Huron, Scott held a variety of corporate finance, financial consulting and investment banking roles. He served as a principal at both Blue Stone International and Davis Capital, and in the role of associate vice president at GE Capital.
Scott holds a bachelor’s degree in finance and international business from Michigan State University.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Energy and Utilities
- Consumer Products
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Professional and Business Services
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Michigan State University