For nearly a decade, Sotiris has worked with business and functional leaders of Fortune 500 medtech companies to develop new business models, identify and realize growth, define new customer engagement models and partnerships, and develop value propositions for innovative medical devices and digital tech.
I am passionate about helping healthcare innovators bring life changing products and services to market and mentoring startup founders.”
Sotiris has spent nearly 10 years helping leading medtech organizations and pharmaceutical companies capture the value of digital innovation and embrace value-based, consumer-centric care models. As a life sciences leader at Huron, he works with his clients to assess the value of digital breakthroughs, help them rethink traditional business models and pursue partnerships in order to capture revenue growth from digital solutions. In doing so, he has helped numerous medtech organizations bring the latest life-changing products and services to global markets.
Throughout his career, Sotiris has explored the potential that digital technologies have long held to support seamless care across the health continuum and improve chronic disease management. By collaborating with his clients to understand their needs, strengths and visions for growth, he helps them embrace innovation and value-based, consumer-centric care models that, in turn, help them lower costs and alleviate industry budget pressure.
Sotiris’ advisory work covers several product categories, including high-value capital equipment (radiation oncology, medical imaging, surgical robotics), tools and instruments, structural heart therapies, and digital health solutions. By developing the pricing models and sales structures required to drive repeatable revenue from digital solutions, Sotiris has helped numerous clients explore new markets and build the next generation of medtech. Some of his recent work includes:
- Developing growth options for a global leader in proton therapy.
- Defining the value of digital surgery.
- Creating market access models for a digital surgery portfolio.
- Evaluating external growth opportunities for a new interventional oncology business.
- Crafting design concepts for radiology solutions using volatile organic compounds for a top three imaging manufacturer.
- Assessing service models for a Fortune 500 medtech leader in diabetes devices, including a partnering assessment for technology insourcing.
- Developing a value-based procurement strategy for a global leader in cardiac surgery.
- Defining strategic partnership models with a leading pharmaceutical institution in chronic disease, extending value beyond the pill.
Before joining Huron in early 2018, Sotiris held senior consulting positions at several boutique and global consulting companies. Sotiris started his consulting career at IQVIA, an elite firm in London, working across the pricing and market access and product and portfolio strategy focus areas.
Sotiris holds a doctorate in strategic management from the Warwick Business School, where he was an Economic and Social Research Council fellow. He also holds a master’s degree in international health management from the Imperial College London. Sotiris was trained as a computer scientist and is fluent in English and Greek. Sotiris has written and contributed to numerous academic papers on the topics of pharmaceutical firm strategy and product innovation.