Thad has nearly two decades of experience working with consulting firms and group purchasing organizations to implement operational improvements and drive significant savings for healthcare providers in supply chain management and performance improvement.
Thad is an experienced healthcare professional who has led large operational improvement consulting engagements at some of the country’s premier healthcare organizations for nearly 20 years. He has specific expertise in developing physician engagement strategies and implementing processes and tool solutions for supply chain management to create sustainable performance improvement.
Throughout his career, Thad has:
- Led a large supply chain operational improvement and cost reduction implementation at a premier academic healthcare system, resulting in more than $21 million in supply chain reduction opportunities.
- Served as the project manager for an assessment and implementation of supply chain and pharmacy solutions at an 11-hospital public health system to drive $26 million in financial improvement.
- Delivered over $15 million in nonlabor savings to a large health system in the Southeast.
- Led an assessment and review of two independent hospital systems to determine the potential benefits of a merger.
- Implemented over $10 million in savings on physician preference items, including total joints, spine, interventional cardiology and cardiac rhythm management.
Prior to joining Huron, Thad served as a director for two consulting groups, where he led significant cost reduction projects to standardize supplies and services, implement corporate and regional contracting strategies, and engage medical staff in the supply management process. Previously, Thad also worked in client relationship management for a large group purchasing organization and developed customized solutions to improve members’ performance.
Thad holds a Master of Business Administration from Wake Forest University and a Bachelor of Science in anthropology and human biology from Emory University.