Huron Research Suite Portal Server Administration
This class is targeted at IT Professionals who are responsible for supporting web-based solutions on the Huron Research Suite Portal platform. It’s designed to help anyone involved in installing, operating, and maintaining the entire Portal environment. This course is taught remotely and uses your own development environment for examples that are specific and relevant to your institution. For a single price, you can include all IT professionals who will be working with the Click Portal platform.
What You Will Learn
Portal uses a variety of Microsoft technologies to provide a complete operating environment for its web-based solutions. To help troubleshoot problems, it’s helpful for system administrators who work with the Portal platform to have a working knowledge of its architecture. In this class, you will learn about the various pieces that comprise a Portal site and how to use administration tools to manage them effectively. You’ll learn about best practices for maintaining your site and various monitoring tools that are available to you. In addition, you’ll be provided with tips and procedures for working with the Huron software support team.
- To get the most benefit from this course, you should be familiar with the basic principles of server/system administration.
- To demonstrate administrative functions, one participant should have remote access to a development or test server with your customized solutions installed. This will help the instructor illustrate all the parts that make up your Huron research solutions.
- Identify and locate all parts of a Portal Site
- Use Portal Administration Manager to perform common administration tasks
- Plan a recommended backup strategy specific to your environment
- Learn about best practices for maintenance
- Summarize the development lifecycle and identify the administrator’s role in this process
- Explain analytics and how it works to monitor and improve a Portal site
- Recognize basic troubleshooting techniques
- Describe the basic process for working with the Huron Support Team
- This course is taught on demand.
- You should plan 4-6 hours to complete it.
- Contact us today to schedule your Huron Research Suite Portal Server Administration class