Huron Webinar Post Uniform Guidance Era An Update on Recent Effort Reporting Trends and Approaches
Anne Sullivan Pifer, T. Zachary Belton, Martin Bergerson, Eric DobbsIn light of the Uniform Guidance spirit to reduce administrative burdens for federal awards and an ongoing FDP Pilot Program for testing a payroll certification approach, there has been increased attention on how institutions might modify or enhance their methods for supporting payroll on sponsored programs.
This webinar informs and updates listeners on the trends Huron is seeing related to effort reporting, potential approaches institutions are evaluating, and Huron’s perspective on optimal internal controls to meet the Uniform Guidance standards.
- What are the latest approaches toward effort reporting we are seeing in the industry?
- What might an institution consider when evaluating its method for effort reporting?
- What types of internal controls might your institution have throughout the payroll process to support charges on awards?
- What electronic system capabilities exist to support various approaches to effort reporting?
- A quick refresher on the impact of Uniform Guidance on effort reporting
- Discussion of proposed approaches and alternatives to effort reporting
- Strong internal controls to support the payroll and effort reporting processes
- Demonstration of Huron’s ecrt system capabilities to support approaches to effort reporting
- Overview of an institution utilizing an alternative approach to effort reporting through their electronic system