Adam is a higher education expert focused on helping university leaders proactively identify opportunities to transform in an evolving industry. He brings a structured, analytical approach to developing innovative solutions that address higher education institutions’ most complex competitive challenges.
Adam works with colleges and universities across the country to plan and execute transformational change initiatives. He specializes in taking a data-driven approach to helping institutions develop long-term strategies, launch new ventures, optimize resources, reduce costs and improve organizational effectiveness and decision making.
Throughout his career, Adam has:
- Worked with a Big-10 public university to assess, develop and implement opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness across all administrative functions.
- Served as Interim Budget Director for an Ivy League institution’s medical school, developing its first full-funds, bottom-up operating budget including the evaluation of all endowment, departmental and investigator-controlled funds totaling over $625 million.
- Helped an Ivy League university assess the organizational, governance and funding model structures for its library system, working closely with faculty, head librarians and senior administrative staff to conduct a current-state assessment, benchmark peer institutions, develop recommendations for future-state models and build a business case for change.
- Oversaw the evaluation of resource optimization and allocation practices across a private university’s 20 non-academic departments, including auxiliaries, financial operations and information technology, identifying opportunities for strategic reallocation of over $40 million.
Prior to joining Huron, Adam worked in corporate strategy, product development and research and development at two Fortune 500 companies in North America and Europe.
Areas of Expertise
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Unit Strategy
- Academic Affairs
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business
- B.S., University of New Hampshire