Doreen is a healthcare leader, consultant and registered nurse with more than two decades of experience helping clients strategize and execute on clinical documentation improvement initiatives, ongoing support and education.
Organizational transformation changes the existing culture, team or process in an iterative fashion to achieve a new and clearly defined future outcome.”
Doreen has led healthcare clients through clinical documentation improvements for over 20 years, helping elevate their managerial decisions and governance through operational efficiencies, benchmark performance reporting, and enhanced care quality and outcomes.
Across her career, Doreen has:
- Led delivery phases of the clinical documentation improvement (CDI) programs for over 300 hospitals across the country, resulting in additional revenue ranging from $400,000 to $12 million and an average case mix improvement of 4%-12%.
- Implemented CDMPQuality® in 100 hospitals in order to capture accurate core measures used to enhance competitive positioning and build market share.
- Managed the delivery of continuing education and program leadership support and training across her client base to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and sustain program benefits and results.
Prior to Huron, Doreen served as senior director of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) consulting at Nuance Communications. She held multiple leadership roles at J.A. Thomas & Associates, including vice president of CDI consulting. Doreen has served as a staff nurse at Kings College Hospital and The Harley Street Clinic in the U.K., The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital and has had several assignments as a travel nurse with StarMed.
Doreen earned her Master of Arts in counseling psychology from Oral Roberts University and her Bachelor of Science in psychology and sociology from the University of Surrey. She is licensed as a registered nurse by the Newham School of Nursing in London and the Georgia State Board of Nursing.
Doreen is the founder and president of Global Missions Inc., a nonprofit organization serving impoverished communities in the Philippines, India and the Caribbean. She is also the founder of The Purposeful Nurse, a community designed to provide support and guidance for retired nurses looking for purpose. She is affiliated with faith-based organizations to provide support in medical and nonmedical short-term missions projects. Doreen is a member of the Association of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (ACDIS).
Areas of Expertise
- Change Management and Leadership
- Customer Relationship Management
- Learning and Development
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Talent Management
- Professional and Business Services
Education & Certifications
- R.N., Newham College London
- B.Sc., University of Surrey
- M.A., Oral Roberts University