Geof has over 20 years of experience delivering technology-enabled growth and operational excellence in provider and consumer roles for higher education and healthcare institutions. From technology implementations to transformed business processes, he helps clients deliver individual, team and organizational success.
Successful digital transformations start and end with people: The right people are essential to making good decisions about how processes and technologies need to adapt and evolve to keep pace with change.”
For more than two decades, Geof has led higher education and healthcare clients through digital transformation initiatives to enhance customer and staff experiences and improve institutional operations. He knows the people, processes and technologies required to deliver efficient, effective and secure solutions that transform insights into actions and actions into success.
Across his career, Geof has:
- Served as the executive sponsor of Oracle implementations at some of the U.S.’ top universities and academic medical centers in support of their cloud adoption and digital transformation initiatives.
- Introduced new solutions that leveraged data to deliver improved engagement and academic outcomes at a leading university and health system, including early warning/retention, mobile services and online/hybrid education offerings.
- Stabilized the SAP enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation at a research university in Maryland, developed the internal capabilities to support and realize the value of the investment, addressed change management issues that impeded adoption, and improved user satisfaction and confidence in data.
- Driven cloud adoption and transformed business processes in finance, human capital management, supply chain and student areas at a large, complex research university, academic medical center and affiliated health system.
- Transformed and simplified the student experience at a prestigious research university by implementing the first universitywide student information system, retiring mainframe predecessors and introducing new operational models and services.
Prior to Huron, Geof served as vice president and principal strategist of education at Traction on Demand, a Salesforce consulting partner. He also held the role of vice president of higher ed development at Oracle, where he led product development for Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and established the Oracle Student Cloud Center of Excellence. Geof served in several leadership roles at Johns Hopkins University, including deputy chief information officer and associate vice provost. He has extensive experience at other technology and education institutions, including Yale University and Goldman Sachs.
Geof earned his Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science from Johns Hopkins University. He is a board member of Tap Cancer Out and a member of the Morgan State University Information Science & Systems Department Advisory Board. He has served on the board of America’s SAP Users’ Group (ASUG) and the Maryland Education Enterprise Consortium (MEEC). Geof has served on a variety of higher education advisory groups for SAP, Oracle, Salesforce and EDUCAUSE.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Strategy
- Student Information Systems
- Technology Operations and Strategy
- Education & Research
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Johns Hopkins University
- B.S., Johns Hopkins University