Gerri BirgR.N., MSN, CCDS Contact Gerri Birg
Gerri is an experienced healthcare consultant who leads Huron's clinical documentation improvement (CDI) team. She has led large-scale CDI transformation efforts across a variety of care settings, including children's hospitals, academic health centers and multihospital systems.
Gerri is a healthcare leader, consultant and registered nurse with an extensive background in operations management and clinical documentation improvement. Over the last 18 years, she has led CDI implementation efforts for organizations across the healthcare industry. She specializes in using data to help healthcare leaders and staff make more strategic decisions, benchmark performance and improve care quality and outcomes.
Throughout her career, Gerri has:
- Led all delivery phases of the Complaint Documentation Management Program (CDMP) for 250 hospitals across the country, which have resulted in additional revenue ranging from $300,000 to $8 million.
- Implemented CDMPQuality® in 100 hospitals in order to capture accurate core measures used to enhance competitive positioning and build market share.
- Coordinated operational activities for an organization with visit volume budgeted for 30,000 outpatient visits, a $6 million gross budgeted revenue and a $2.5 million operating expense.
Prior to joining Huron, Gerri served as the vice president of clinical consulting for J.A. Thomas & Associates, a consulting firm that provides education, monitoring and reporting on the Clinical Documentation Management Program CDMP®. She also spent 20 years with Henry Ford Health System where she held various positions in nursing, clinical research, administration and practice management.
Gerri is a member of numerous professional associations including the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Health Information Management Association and the Association for Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- M.S., Oakland University
- B.S., Oakland University
- Registered nurse, Michigan
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More