Gregg FajkusContact Gregg Fajkus
Gregg has more than 20 years of experience helping healthcare clients plan, manage and implement clinical and revenue cycle systems in both ambulatory and acute care environments to improve their overall financial, clinical and operational performance.
We help build the foundation with our client, then position them to own and manage that future success moving forward.”
Gregg has been leading healthcare clients through innovative and strategic technology planning processes and large-scale clinical and revenue cycle system implementations for over two decades. He provides Epic planning, management and implementation services to organizations ranging from large academic medical centers to privately held medical group practices. In addition to his Epic experience, Gregg has expertise in the ambulatory environment within healthcare systems and medical group practices of all sizes.
Throughout his career, Gregg has:
- Led strategic planning for Epic Connect programs for multiple midsize and large hospital systems, developing the total cost of ownership, staffing models, subsidy offerings, third-party application review and assessment, market and competitor analysis, and support models, resulting in tighter integration with affiliates, improved referrals, and the growth of geographic service footprints.
- Served as an Epic implementation adviser for a community hospital on the West Coast, delivering project and resource planning; project documentation and reporting; governance management for the inpatient and ambulatory clinical projects; tools for tracking system build, issues and decisions; and go-live/rollout planning for EpicCare Ambulatory EMR for 30 clinics.
- Provided interim management of the inpatient clinical support team for a large West Coast health system, creating the go-live support plan and staffing, including command center and support for the implementation of EpicCare Inpatient EMR Clinical Documentation institutionwide for nursing staff and select physicians, resulting in a successful go-live for over 100 physicians and 500 nursing staff that increased nursing and physician documentation productivity by 22% after only six months.
- Developed a strategic plan and road map for physician connectivity, clinical integration, and meeting the requirements for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s Meaningful Use Stage I reimbursement at a midsize health system in the South, leading to the successful achievement of Meaningful Use Stage I, resulting in improvements to the management of patient data and thus patient care.
Before Huron, Gregg served as vice president of healthcare information technology at Avaap USA LLC. He held the roles of partner, vice president of business development and vice president of the Epic practice at Cornerstone Advisors Group. He served as service line executive for Epic at Encore Health Resources, director of healthcare professional services at Bluegate Corporation, and senior manager of the Epic consulting practice at IBM/Healthlink.
Gregg earned his Master of Business Administration in health organization management and his bachelor’s degree of business administration from Texas Tech University.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Electronic Health Records
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Texas Tech University
- BBA, Texas Tech University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More