Mike ChampaContact Mike Champa
Mike has more than 17 years of experience collaborating with higher education, nonprofit, and healthcare institutions to plan for, design, and execute large-scale initiatives. Mike specializes in working with institutional leaders to successfully plan for, implement, and support Workday and other cloud technologies.
Mike has extensive experience leading project teams through cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) and other digital initiatives, driving business process transformation, and aligning systems and data structures to support leading practices to provide meaningful analysis for executive leadership. He has expertise in providing leadership to higher education engagements through executive leadership, quality assurance assessments, functional expertise, and project management.
Throughout his career, Mike has:
- Led a team of more than 20 finance and supply chain functional team members for the Workday full-platform implementation at a Big Ten university system, including two tier-one research (R1) universities, resulting in standardized business processes, increased data integrity and reporting capabilities, and an improved user experience.
- Served as executive sponsor for the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Payroll, Extend, and Prism implementation for a private Northeastern R1 university and medical center, resulting in a digital solution that supports data-driven decisions; improves efficiencies with consistent, streamlined processes; optimizes compliance management; and promotes cross-departmental collaboration.
- Provided Workday and cloud ERP planning and implementation subject matter expertise for a cloud ERP planning project for a Big Ten research university, resulting in an informed approach to modernize and improve business processes and related digital technologies.
- Guided the functional, technical, and project management implementation team for the Workday HCM and Payroll implementation at a leading Southwestern R1 university, providing a more scalable, standardized, and efficient administrative solution.
- Provided executive oversight, governance, and leadership for the Workday HCM and Payroll implementation at a Midwestern R1 public research university, resulting in a modernized solution that promotes standardization and reduces administrative processing times.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science in finance from Miami University and is certified in multiple Workday systems, including Financials, Foundation Data Model (FDM), Grants Management, and Project Management.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Miami University
- Workday Certified
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More