Mike has more than 13 years of experience planning, designing and executing cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) and technology transformation projects across the higher education and healthcare industries. He has specific expertise in business process transformation, project leadership, solution architecture and change management.
Mike has more than 13 years of experience planning, designing and executing cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) and technology transformation projects across the higher education and healthcare industries. He has specific expertise leading project teams through cloud ERP and research technology initiatives, driving business process transformation, and aligning systems and data to best practices to provide meaningful financial and analytical data for executive management.
Throughout his career, Mike has:
- Led the finance workstream for a Workday full-platform (Finance, HCM, Adaptive Planning) implementation at a Midwest university health center, partnering with the client controller and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) director to oversee all aspects of Workday Financials, including a redesigned chart of accounts.
- Served as a solution architect for a large Southeastern R1 technical institute’s Workday Finance and Grants Management implementation to modernize and improve business processes and back-office administration.
- Served as the Workday Foundation Data Model (FDM) architect for a Midwestern health system to redesign the chart of accounts and build the initial FDM structure to transform future-state core accounting dimensions.
- Served as grants management lead for a large Midwest R1 land-grant university’s Workday implementation to transform and standardize institutional policies and procedures.
- Delivered Workday “health check” assessments for several complex higher education clients, where he assessed relative strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement within their deployed Workday solution.
- Led the simultaneous implementation of Lawson Financials/Grants Management and Huron Research Suite Grants for a large Midwestern children’s hospital.
- Conducted a research information technology (IT) assessment and planning project for a large New York-based university, where he evaluated the existing portfolio of research systems, current business processes and opportunities for improvement to create a future road map and prioritization framework for optimizing the university’s research technology and cloud solutions.
- Led a comprehensive planning and scoping project, for a Midwest children’s hospital, to implement a new ERP system for financials, grant management and supply chain management.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science in finance from Miami University and is certified in multiple Workday systems, including Financials, Foundation Data Model (FDM), Grants Management, HCM and Project Management.