For more than 15 years, Nikki has enabled healthcare organizations to align their people and processes to improve overall care delivery. An expert in healthcare management and performance improvement, Nikki helps organizations reduce complexity to create better outcomes for patients.
Ensuring acceptance and buy-in for change across levels, not just targeting senior leadership, is critical for change to sustain a future foundation on which to build.”
For more than 15 years, Nikki has worked with healthcare organizations to transform how providers and staff work together to deliver higher-quality care. With an extensive background in healthcare management, Nikki helps leaders and their teams assess opportunities for performance improvement and implement evidence-based solutions to achieve new performance goals.
Nikki has experience working with physician practices, academic medical centers, multilocation health systems, oncology and surgical practices, retail clinics, children’s hospitals and adult clinics. Her deep understanding of clinical operations, practice management and workflow optimization make her a valuable resource for any care organization seeking to drive overall efficiency, increase patient access, and optimize provider and staff capacity.
Throughout her career, Nikki has:
- Increased a West Coast academic medical center’s (AMC’s) scheduling template utilization by more than 40%, which decreased patient wait times by nearly a week.
- Implemented patient access improvements and redesigned a contact center’s approach to staffing to ensure no gaps in coverage.
- Led and implemented operational improvement, including the documentation of time optimization and operational workflow alignment, related to clinical and administrative staffing reviews within pediatric oncology and adult specialty clinics.
- Designed and optimized provider compensation structures for a Southeastern AMC-affiliated hospital, focusing on minimum work standard expectations, base compensation setting, productivity and quality incentives.
- Opened and managed four retail clinics, the first of their kind in the central Arkansas area.
Prior to joining Huron, Nikki worked as a practice acquisition and business development manager at the University of Colorado Health in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She focused on the creation of strategic business plans and physician contract development, leading to the negotiation, purchase and operational transition of new practice acquisitions across the Colorado Front Range.
Nikki earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and her master’s degree from the University of Arkansas. She is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, a member of the Medical Group Management Association, a sponsor parent for the United States Air Force Academy and active in the University of Arkansas’ Master of Healthcare Services Administration Alumni Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Business Operations
- Organizational Transformation
- Patient Transformation
- Performance Improvement Implementation
- Strategy and Innovation
Education & Certifications
- MHSA, University of Arkansas
- B.S., University of Florida