Pete has more than 10 years of experience leading performance improvement implementation projects for community hospitals, academic health centers, pediatric hospitals and multifacility health systems. He specializes in change management, workforce and operational optimization initiatives, and overall length-of-stay improvement. He also serves as a leader of Huron’s patient placement and transfer center research and methodology team.
Pete has more than a decade of experience managing and leading patient throughput, status management and workforce optimization projects at numerous hospitals, health systems and academic health centers. He has specific expertise improving interdepartmental communication, optimizing health information systems, and building, training and staffing in-house physician adviser programs.
Throughout his career, Pete has:
- Managed the implementation of a multihospital system’s workforce optimization and clinical operations initiatives, resulting in $20 million in annual benefits.
- Implemented integrated case management systems by restructuring department roles, realigning staff, and improving utilization review and discharge planning processes.
- Improved patient placement efficiency by streamlining communication and developing capacity management processes.
- Executed bed board tools and optimized their use for patient placement processes.
- Applied a suite of patient flow reporting metrics to inform business decisions and to ensure accountability and continuous improvement.
Pete is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
Pete holds a Master of Science in education and social change from the University of Miami and a Bachelor of Science in healthcare management and policy from Georgetown University.