With 36 years of educational experience, including 12 years as a superintendent, Tim coaches organizations to help empower employees, develop leaders, and strive for organizational excellence.
The world changes, and education and leadership challenges change as well. Shifting to meet and anticipate change is essential to enabling student excellence.”
Tim draws upon decades of experience in education to help K-12 institutions develop their leadership team, enable organizational excellence, and improve educational outcomes. He coaches education leaders on improving culture and communication, providing effective feedback, establishing expectations for organizational excellence and performance management, and aligning to organizational values and beliefs.
As a superintendent, Tim:
- Increased the county’s graduation rate nearly 10 percentage points across all groups.
- Raised the school district grade rating to an A.
- Created robust science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs and engagement pathways for students. Innovation in the classroom expanded professional teaching alternatives and increased engagement, directly increasing graduation rates across all student populations.
- Expanded career paths to include direct pathways to employment.
Additionally, throughout his career, Tim has:
- Worked with state leadership to create curriculum standards for student development and to develop and implement leadership development programs, impacting the alignment of state standards and federal programs.
- Expanded educator voices through connection forums with legislators, providing a representative voice for educators to state leadership.
- Connected schools and community through service boards, including nonprofits, local chambers, and hospitals, creating increased dialogue and expanding school-to-work programs and student placements.
Prior to joining Huron, Tim served as superintendent of schools in Santa Rosa County, Florida, for 12 years. He began his education career as a classroom teacher and continued as an assistant principal, principal, and assistant superintendent of learning. As an education leader, his work focused on performance excellence and leadership development.
Tim earned his Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts from the University of West Florida. He is a member of the Florida Association of District School Superintendents and the Florida Association of School Administrators.