Tonia is a trusted adviser to healthcare leaders from the C-suite to the front line. She brings more than three decades of industry experience to her work helping national health systems deliver patient-centric care.
Tonia is a managing director in Huron’s culture and organizational excellence business unit, overseeing the firm’s work with health systems nationwide. She has over 30 years of healthcare industry experience that she brings to her work helping organizations increase and improve retention, employee engagement and care quality.
Throughout her career, Tonia has consulted with large academic health centers, acute care hospitals and systems, emergency departments, physician practices, ambulatory care centers, and behavioral health facilities, as well post-acute care and hospices across North America. She has led initiatives that helped hospitals and health systems:
- Improve HCAHPS rate of change, exceeding the 75th percentile.
- Increase market share by 11% over two years.
- Reduce agency expense by $1 million.
- Reduce employee turnover by 50%.
Prior to joining Huron, Tonia spent more than a decade at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, Florida. She is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Change Management and Leadership
Education & Certifications
- MBA, American InterContinental University
- B.A., Saint Leo University
- Certified Professional, Society for Human Resource Management