Colleen McCroryMBA, FACHE Contact Colleen McCrory
Colleen’s speaking style, while candid and entertaining, also challenges the audience to think differently about how they approach their roles as leaders, patient experience advocates, and change-makers within their organizations. Colleen’s hallmark and call to action when speaking are an equal balance of humor, leadership theory, and tactical application.
Colleen has over 25 years of progressive healthcare experience, and her energy and enthusiasm for leadership development are evident through her effervescent personality and infectious coaching techniques. Her coaching has proven successful with all levels of leaders, including executives, board members, clinicians, and front-line staff and includes organizations from small critical-access hospitals to large national healthcare systems.
Colleen’s experience as both a healthcare leadership coach with Huron | Studer Group since 2011 and more recently as a chief experience officer and interim chief operations officer for the nation’s ninth-largest public hospital, Broward Health Medical Center have prepared her to expertly navigate strategic, operational, and front-line leadership challenges in today’s healthcare landscape. Colleen’s leadership coaching style draws from her experience leading patient- and family-centered care models; as an executive serving as the key subject matter expert and adviser to CEOs in improvement initiatives for value-based purchasing and HCAHPS performance; and with Evidence-Based LeadershipSM, employee engagement, and physician satisfaction. Her quick results and ability to influence organizational culture transformation of a 1.2 million-square-foot facility with over 750 beds and an average daily census of 525 earned her recognition from the South Florida Business & Wealth magazine as an “Up & Comer in Healthcare” in 2015. Colleen truly enjoys the ability to help shape, mentor, and support leaders in their development to best achieve their personal and organizational goals.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Organizational Transformation
- Strategy and Innovation
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)
- Board Member, University of South Florida, Customer Experience Program
- Member, Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Mercer University
- B.A., Biology and Communication, Mercer University
Speaking Topics List
- Alignment and Accountability
- Change Management and Leadership
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Patient and Consumer Experience
- Strategy and Innovation
Accountability and the Power of One ... You Play a Bigger Role Than You Might Think!
Thinking like a system requires a concentrated effort by local leadership to align accountability internally, corporately, but most importantly, individually. The role that each leader plays within the larger system is critical at both a micro and macro level. This session serves to define accountability at both levels and to maximize the individual contribution to the organization as a whole.
- Articulate understanding of the driving performance model
- Differentiate between frequency and quality in accountability measures
- Differentiate between goals and tactics
- Develop a 90-day plan writing competency
- Analyze culture health assessment results and its application in leadership at the local level
Move 'Em Up or Move 'Em Out: Overcoming Your Fear of Tough Conversations
Huron’s culture health assessment shows that 52% of those not meeting performance expectations are not aware of it. 48% are not aware of it and do not have a corrective action plan. Learn effective conversation skills that enable you to work with each type of performer in your organization, whether they are a high, solid or low performer.
- Increase engagement and lower turnover
- Develop a feedback-rich environment
- Clarify expectations
- Support performance
- Increase accountability through peer-to-peer communication
Critical Conversations That Matter: Driving Performance
It is critical for leaders today to be able to provide ongoing effective feedback that builds competency/skill, improves confidence in delivery and creates a non-punitive environment of feedback. When the foundational tenets of feedback are not built, it can erode trust in leadership’s ability to achieve results. Leaders must also know when to move from feedback techniques to directive techniques and ultimately, consequences for failure to improve. This session helps leaders to set the foundation, know when to be more directive and how to have conversations that drive performance.
- Learn how to have successful performance conversations via effective feedback
- Leverage impact messaging statements to be more direct in setting performance-based conversations
- Understand how to develop the skill of middle performers and re-recruit/retain high performers
- Learn how to spend less time on low-performing behaviors and set clear expectations for improvement
Excellent and interactive presentation combined with practical application.”
Such a wealth of knowledge from a seasoned leader. Great tangible information that we can use and tune to our own needs within our workplaces.”
My favorite speaker was Colleen McCrory. I am the CXO at my organization and her presentation was very beneficial to me.”
Please note that testimonials or endorsements found on this website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any services provided by Huron. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
Available to Purchase
Best sellers, leadership development, team development, patient and employee engagement, and more.Visit Our Amazon Bookstore
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More