Abhi GuptaContact Abhi Gupta
Abhi has more than 10 years of experience providing financial and management consulting services to public and private companies across varying situations and growth stages. He has worked in numerous industries, including food and beverage, steel, forestry, manufacturing, technology and telecommunications, engineering and construction, and financial services.
Abhi has more than a decade of experience providing financial and management consulting services to enhance profitability and liquidity at both public and private companies in a wide range of industries. He specializes in interim management, business plan development, liquidity and working capital management, lender and vendor negotiations, profitability enhancement, financial and strategic analysis, process improvement and management coaching.
Throughout his career, Abhi has:
- Served as the deputy chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a $2 billion logistics food distribution company during the COVID-19 crisis, negotiating customer accommodations and facilitating a loan-to-own strategy by a private equity sponsor.
- Served as the financial and operational improvement adviser to a $100 million salty snack manufacturer to provide post-acquisition assistance, liquidity management and capacity analysis to support a new growth strategy.
- Served as the interim chief financial officer (CFO) for a private-equity-owned $100 million food processing company, where he led vendor negotiations and initiatives to improve product-level profitability and streamline operations, resulting in over $2 million in annualized savings.
- Supported the CRO in the stabilization and subsequent selling of a leading regional payroll service provider that was accused of financial mismanagement of over $150 million.
- Acted as the financial adviser to a leading roll form company to assist with lender and customer negotiations and liquidity management, resulting in a successful recapitalization of the business.
- Acted as the financial adviser to one of the largest bimetallic wire manufacturers in the world, assisting in liquidity management, business plan preparation and lender negotiations resulting in a successful restructuring of debt.
- Served as the financial adviser to one of the largest savings and loan banks in Wisconsin to assist with process improvements, financial loan loss forecasting, interest rate stress testing and other analyses requested by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
- Served as financial adviser to the lenders of a New Jersey-based leading specialty foods processing and distribution company to assist with forensic investigation, business plan validation and liquidity oversight. Prior to joining Huron, Abhi was a director at Conway MacKenzie.
Abhi is a member of the Turnaround Management Association and Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors.
Abhi holds a Master of Business Administration from the Leonard N. Stern School of Business at New York University and a bachelor’s degree in commerce from the University of Mumbai. He is also a chartered accountant in India and a certified insolvency and restructuring adviser.
Areas of Expertise
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Performance Improvement
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Financial Services
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Professional and Business Services
- Consumer Products
Education & Certifications
- MBA, New York University
- Bachelor, Mumbai University
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More