Brianna LumContact Brianna Lum
Brianna has more than 10 years of experience helping healthcare clients accelerate the performance of people and technology. She aligns resources, processes and incentives to yield measurable and sustainable results through strategic revenue improvement projects.
Learning and aligning to the client’s leadership principles and culture inspires the performance needed for success. ”
Brianna has led clients through financial and operational revenue cycle transformation for more than a decade, including system design and implementation, project management, process improvement and interim management. On the financial side, she has experience with charge capture, revenue reconciliation, denials and audit management, and charge description master and pricing. Her operational expertise includes total revenue cycle training, onboarding and support programs as well as the implementation and maintenance of hospital billing and patient billing Epic Resolute modules.
Throughout her career, Brianna has:
- Transformed the perioperative charge methodology at a top children’s hospital from a room-based, time-block-based rate structure to a procedure-based, per-minute charge, resulting in an annualized net revenue gain of $8.8 million and improved margins during the COVID-19 disruptions for elective and minor procedure volumes.
- Consolidated five business offices into a single virtual business office and designed a new leadership organizational structure to support a regional community hospital system’s expansion.
- Optimized Epic denial definitions and mappings to accelerate $1.6 million in cash and reduce collections workforce needs by seven full-time equivalents at a nationally ranked women’s and children’s hospital.
- Designed a robotic process automation (RPA) use case for denials resolution and implemented the RPA solution to complete additional information requests without staff intervention at an acute care hospital in Texas.
Prior to returning to Huron, Brianna served as director of revenue integrity and revenue cycle support at Texas Children’s Hospital. She holds a Master of Business Administration in finance and healthcare strategy from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business. Brianna earned a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Texas at Austin College of Fine Arts. She is certified by the Doerr Institute for New Leaders as a CoachRICE leadership coach.
Brianna serves as secretary for the Forgotten Wishes Foundation and vice president of Rice University Healthcare Association. She is a Texas Gulf Coast member and frequent speaker for the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Interim Staffing
- Managed Services
- Revenue Cycle
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Rice University
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
- CoachRICE International Coaching Federation Leadership Coach
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More