Carey TinderaContact Carey Tindera
Carey has more than 20 years of experience leading revenue cycle performance improvement implementations and strategic and operational assessments for a wide variety of provider settings, including academic medical centers, large integrated systems, community hospitals, children’s hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, specialty pharmacies and physician groups.
Carey has overseen or participated in more than 200 assessments and is responsible for providing overall quality control and achieving client business objectives. As a senior director, she is also responsible for the development and refinement of revenue cycle and professional fee assessment methodology.
Throughout her career, Carey has:
- Directed a 14-week revenue cycle strategic assessment for a faith-based health system that included 11 acute care hospitals and 20 clinic sites, where she identified financial and operational opportunities across the various revenue cycle operations and developed a strategic plan to achieve optimal revenue cycle performance.
- Led a 12-week revenue cycle operational assessment for a large academic medical system in the Southeast to determine improvement areas within current operations, as well as future revenue cycle consolidation opportunities.
- Directed a 10-week revenue cycle operational assessment of a medical group prior to its health information system (HIS) conversion to identify financial and operational improvement opportunities within the physician practice revenue cycle.
- Redesigned work processes at a six-hospital health system, resulting in an increased first-year cash flow of $50 million and ongoing profit and loss (P&L) benefit of $25 million.
- Supervised the implementation of redesigned billing and follow-up processes and tools for an academic medical center’s business office, generating more than $9 million in annual income statement improvement and a reduction of $750,000 in outsourcing fees.
Carey is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
Carey holds a master’s degree in public health from Oregon State University and a Bachelor of Science in zoology from Miami University.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- MPH, Oregon State University
- B.S., Miami University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More