Chris has more than 30 years of experience providing leadership for healthcare operations and healthcare information technology clients across numerous patient engagement, care access, financial, clinical, revenue cycle, and digital engagements. He helps clients design and execute their digital and technology initiatives to drive improved operational and financial performance, improve patient experience and loyalty, and transition their organizations into national leaders in care access and patient engagement.
“Digital strategies and analytics are the keys to unlocking the doors to patient experience and operational excellence. Together, we can pave the way toward a brighter, more efficient, and patient-centric future."”
Chris has led and managed full life cycle enterprise resource planning (ERP), electronic health record (EHR), customer relationship management (CRM), care access, and revenue cycle solution implementations. He assists clients with developing innovative strategies to enhance patient experience and operational efficiency with improved technology and analytics, and the implementation of strategic plans for a broad range of digital solutions for acute, ambulatory, behavioral health, and post-acute care clients.
Throughout his career, Chris has:
- Designed and led a care access improvement engagement for a $5 billion national healthcare system to design a centralized service center for patient registration, scheduling, insurance authorization, and financial clearance processes and systems, resulting in a 24% reduction in patient no-show rates, a 14% reduction in managed care denials, and a 12% improvement in patient experience.
- Directed a financial systems and enterprise analytics engagement for a $6.5 billion regional healthcare system serving acute, behavioral, ambulatory, and post-acute markets to consolidate and optimize ERP systems, redesign financial workflow processes, and implement a cloud-based analytics strategy to support improved operational insights, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting.
- Initiated a managed services IT systems support program for a leading, multi-entity children’s hospital as it transitioned to new EHR, ERP, and digital health solutions, resulting in a 22% decrease in operating costs and improved physician, clinical, and administrative staff experience.
- Provided strategic advisory services to a broad range of healthcare systems from critical access and community hospitals to a $13 billion for-profit health system for the evaluation of new digital technology, EHR, ERP, and CRM solutions, initiating and directing numerous enabling technology system implementation projects to help clients improve operational and financial performance and develop service and performance strategies based on analytical insights.
- Participated in the development of corporate strategy, service delivery strategy, and product development strategy for multiple IT consulting and technology firms that serve the healthcare industry.
Prior to joining Huron, Chris served as senior vice president at HSM Consulting, where he was responsible for driving organic, exponential growth and transitioning HSM into a national leader in the EHR consulting services market. Huron acquired HSM Consulting in 2016. Previously, Chris served as an executive at a major EHR vendor and was a co-founder of a care access software solution startup, which was acquired by Siemens.
Chris is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Chris volunteers for New England Donor Services and the American Liver Foundation and has been a member of the Greater Lowell Baseball Umpire Association for over 23 years.