Clint has more than 15 years of experience helping financial institutions transform their enterprise risk governance and strategy to achieve net income increases, realize cost efficiencies, remediate self-identified risks and regulatory findings, and design, build, and streamline leading enterprise risk organizations.
To achieve the highest returns on your organizational transformation, get comfortable being uncomfortable. ”
Clint provides enterprise risk expertise to clients in the financial services industry, with experience in organizational optimization, risk governance, portfolio management, problem loan management, credit risk strategies, identifying regulatory issues, and assessing risk appetite. He has performed target operating model assessments, audits, and implementations of strategic initiatives in over 30 institutions ranging from global systemically important banks (G-SIBs) to banks with over $5 billion in assets.
Clint has served as a subject matter specialist while leading teams to assess and review credit review functions for audit and advisory clients. He has reviewed, analyzed, and approved sample sizes of notes to ensure financial institutions followed credit policy with regard to risk rating methodologies, including comparisons to external ratings, implied ratings, financial analysis, and peer group comparisons. He also has expertise in portfolio stratification; forward-looking metrics such as key performance metrics (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs); and ad hoc analysis such as climate, population density, and other esoteric variables.
Throughout his career, Clint has:
- Led assessments of the credit risk functions for multiple clients, including top global banking institutions, identifying opportunities for optimal governance structures, control enhancement, completing risk rating process evaluations, identifying potential regulatory issues, developing turnaround strategies, and completing an independent review of consumer and wholesale loan files.
- Engaged as chief of staff and credit risk specialist at a large regional bank to establish an appropriate risk governance organization, including frameworks, policies, procedures, and resource optimization across and down the three lines of defense. With approximately $20 billion in assets, the bank grew to $47 billion and was the participant in a successful merger within five years.
- Led a problem loan management and risk rating gap assessment for a large national bank, creating and presenting training seminars that became standard across the organization, influencing turnaround strategies and risk assessments.
- Advised on the entire credit life cycle at multiple clients, including risk appetite statements through underwriting policies to risk rating methodologies, both single and dual rating frameworks, and current expected credit losses (CECL) models.
Prior to joining Huron, Clint served as director of enterprise risk governance and strategy at PwC. He also served as the PwC experience leader for Atlanta, Birmingham, and Nashville, leading over 3,000 professionals. Within the financial services industry, he held the role of assistant vice president of the special assets division at SunTrust Bank (now Truist Bank) and held multiple roles at Regions Bank in special assets and commercial and residential real estate.
Clint earned his Master of Business Administration from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration and accounting and a Bachelor of Arts in East Asian studies from Washington and Lee University.
Clint is a member of the Risk Management Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Strategy
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Change Management and Leadership
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Managed Services
- Financial Services
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Emory University
- B.S., Washington and Lee University
- B.A., Washington and Lee University