Curt WhelanContact Curt Whelan
Curt is an executive leadership team member for Huron’s healthcare business who works with clients on large-scale transformation efforts that impact revenue and long-term relevance. He leads the integrated project leadership division and is responsible for Huron’s organic market growth plans.
Success to me means working with healthcare organizations to positively impact their ability to meet the needs of the communities they serve.”
Curt brings more than 30 years of experience managing comprehensive healthcare consulting and performance improvement engagements. His expertise includes integrating and translating market-based demand analysis, physician alignment, operations improvement, facility asset distribution and financial planning into actionable plans.
Throughout his career, Curt has served as:
- A strategic adviser for a multihospital system located in the Southwest. The nearly 10-year relationship included performance improvement, physician integration and strategic market growth efforts, leading to over $200 million of operational enhancements. In addition, Curt led the strategic planning process that resulted in a merger with another faith-based system, resulting in the organization’s improved market position and access to capital.
- Chief implementation officer for a multihospital system located in western Pennsylvania. This project included managing a team of 50 consultants, creating a systemwide management office and overseeing strategic portfolio management.
- The leader for a multihospital system engagement that included strategic market analysis, comprehensive master facility planning, operations improvement and public process management. Results included turning an 8% operating loss into an 8% operating margin in two years.
Curt organized and facilitated the Huron CEO Forum from 2010-2018. He also has spoken at the ACHE Congress and AHA Leadership Summit conferences.
Prior to joining Huron, Curt served as managing director and owner of Aegis Advisers Ltd., which was acquired by Huron in 2007. Previously, Curt was the national planning practice leader and vice president of RTKL, one of the world’s premier architectural firms, and a senior vice president with ServiceMaster Diversified Health Services. Curt started his healthcare career with VHA Inc. in 1988.
Curt holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration from LeTourneau University.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Strategy
- Care Transformation
- Patient Transformation
- Performance Improvement
- Mergers Acquisitions and Partnerships
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Business Administration, LeTourneau University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More