Dr. Danielle Miller has over 18 years of experience helping healthcare clients transform their clinical, operational and administrative landscape to improve nursing excellence, patient and employee engagement, and patient safety.
Transformation comes from consistent, incremental change, which better positions an organization for growth.”
About Dr. Miller
Dr. Danielle Miller has advised healthcare clients on industry challenges, information systems and healthcare trends to drive success for more than 18 years. She has experience in healthcare management, hospital operations, patient and employee experience and engagement, and nursing education. Her current focus is on strategies that ensure health equity for all.
Throughout her career, Danielle has:
- Provided strategic guidance to a healthcare access organization in the development of a health equity strategy, ensuring that health equity was embedded in the core of all operations in the organization.
- Managed two large-scale implementations of cloud suite solutions for healthcare organizations, resulting in improved labor productivity and management; compliance with federal, state and local labor laws; better decision making based on real-time data; and streamlined processes and workflows.
- Led a workforce management engagement for a large academic medical center, automating the process for scheduling and staffing practices based on compliance rules and regulations, resulting in a 46% time reduction for management.
- Led a workforce management engagement for a healthcare startup, developing an automated process from a 100% manual process for scheduling and staffing across six states, resulting in a 67% time reduction for schedule development.
Prior to Huron, Danielle held many leadership roles in healthcare organizations, including principal of health equity at Amazon Care and healthcare executive adviser at Amazon Web Services. She served as chief nursing office business applications director at Grant Thornton and chief nursing officer of clinical applications at Infor Healthcare.
Danielle earned her doctorate of nursing practice in healthcare systems and her Master of Science in nursing education from Chamberlain University, both with distinction. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in nursing from Mercer University’s Georgia Baptist College of Nursing.
Danielle is a member of the American Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau and the American Organization of Nurse Executives. She also volunteers with Chicago Cares.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Patient Transformation
- Professional and Business Services
Education & Certifications
- DNP, Chamberlain University
- MSN, Chamberlain University
- BSN, Mercer University