Deepak ChaudhryM.S., CPHIMS Contact Deepak Chaudhry
Deepak has more than 20 years of experience guiding healthcare and life sciences organizations through transformation in technology, innovation, security management, and technical operations to spearhead growth, build teams, increase profitability, and drive decision-making processes.
Digital transformation is an iterative process that requires a strong and unified vision, tried and tested technologies, and a commitment to organizational change.”
Deepak has led large-scale, multiyear digital transformations, including selecting and adopting platform systems, strategizing on emerging technology and innovation, and advising on data analytics, risk and compliance, and chief information officer (CIO) services.
Throughout his career, Deepak has:
- Led an academic medical center system migration of an intelligence platform from an on-premises data center to Microsoft Azure, using a HIPAA-compliant blueprint and NIST SP 800-53 security assessment, which resulted in the organization maximizing its nonprofit software licensing and reducing IT operating expenses.
- Assessed and developed a digital health strategy for a large imaging organization focused on technology modernization and patient experience, which led to a deeper understanding of technology priorities and a strategic road map for improving technology and patient experience.
- Led an electronic medical record (EMR) rapid system selection in six weeks for a physician-led health solutions organization, optimizing functional capabilities and return on investment for NextGen and Epic.
- Led an EMR system selection across multiple service lines at a post-acute medical care and rehabilitation health system, selecting and implementing MEDITECH, including patient accounting and a full suite of clinical modules, reducing the accounts receivable base by 25%, automating and streamlining clinical processes, and digitizing paper records to improve data sharing, care delivery, security, and patient privacy.
Before joining Huron, Deepak led FTI Consulting’s and BDO Digital’s national digital health practice, overseeing digital transformation and cloud technology, analytics and reporting, EMR integration, management advisory, due diligence and transaction integration, and security and compliance. Deepak was the CIO and chief information security officer (CISO) for the public health information exchange (HIE) of the Houston region, where he oversaw all clinical data integration projects, interface systems, and data security. Additionally, Deepak served as the vice president of information technology at Nexus Health Systems, where he selected and led an EMR implementation and multilevel infrastructure enhancements, including cloud transformation, data center modernization, streamlining service desk functionality, and increasing the adoption of clinical systems.
Deepak earned his Master of Science in information science from The Pennsylvania State University and his Bachelor of Arts in industrial relations from the University of Toronto. He holds a project management certificate from New York University and is a certified professional in healthcare information and management systems via the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), where he is also a fellow. He is a certified Amazon Web Services cloud practitioner.
Deepak is a board member of the HIMSS Houston Chapter and a strategic adviser for the Texas Medical Center Innovation Factory. He received the 2023 HIMSS Chapter Leader of the Year Changemaker Award.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Data Management and Analytics
- Innovation and Commercialization
- Technology Operations and Strategy
- Life Sciences
Education & Certifications
- M.S., The Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., University of Toronto
- Project Management Certificate, New York University
- CPHIMS, HIMSS
- Fellow, HIMSS
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More