Ellen has more than 20 years of experience guiding research institutions through organizational, operational and administrative transformation.
Ellen brings more than two decades of expertise to her role helping cancer centers, academic medical centers and other research institutions prepare for the future. She specializes in advising leaders through research enterprise transformation and strategic planning.
Throughout her time at Huron, Ellen has:
- Led the research strategic planning process for a $10 billion organization seeking to build the administrative structures and processes necessary to achieve National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation.
- Guided the organizational and research infrastructure development and strategic planning process for multiple academic cancer centers seeking and/or retaining NCI designation.
- Led a statewide strategic planning effort to create a clinical trials network to enhance availability of clinical trials, expand researcher access to a clinical base, and identify opportunities for research funding and commercialization of breakthrough products and services.
Prior to joining Huron, Ellen served as the director of research services administration at Georgetown University’s Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. In this role, she established and oversaw research strategic planning processes and was responsible for 15 shared services that supported 300 researchers and clinicians across the institutions. She also has extensive experience in oncology nursing, inpatient care and ambulatory care systems.
Ellen is an active member of multiple industry organizations, including the Cancer Center Administrators Forum, the Association of American Cancer Institutes and the Association of Cancer Executives.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Huron Research Suite
Education & Certifications
- Doctor of Liberal Studies, Georgetown University
- MSN, Georgetown University
- B.S., Georgetown University
- B.S., Missouri Southern State University
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA)