Dr. Harold Picken has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare. He works closely with physician leaders to bring their voice and perspective into key change efforts.
Dr. Picken has worked both clinically and as a physician leader in a wide range of healthcare settings including acute inpatient care, intensive care units, long-term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, skilled home care and physician home care. He has serviced as a vice president in two regional Blue Cross plans, as well as Chief Medical Officer for several healthcare technology companies, including a telemedicine organization. He has worked extensively as a coach and trusted advisor for physician leaders ranging from new medical directors to physician group CEO’s.
Clinically, Dr. Picken trained in internal medicine and pulmonary and critical care medicine. Dr. Picken practiced medicine at several organizations, including 10 years at the Brigham & Women’s Center for Chest Disease in Boston. He has also been an instructor in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard School of Public Health.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- MPH, Health Policy & Management, Harvard School of Public Health
- Fellowship in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Tufts New England Medicine Center
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- MD, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine