Tod uses his more than three decades of leadership in healthcare, technology and analytics to help organizations transform the way care is delivered and improve the patient experience.
Patients and healthcare providers expect more from technology and processes. Working together, we can effectively and efficiently enhance patient care and improve clinical and business decision making.”
For over 30 years, Tod has developed skills in healthcare information technology and analytics that he uses to help clients identify and analyze patterns to improve patient care outcomes at lower costs and accelerate revenue growth. He brings expertise in disease prediction, demographics, psychographics, clustering, marketing, research, big data and media to help healthcare organizations manage risk for patients and communities, enabling them to improve their quality of life.
Across his career, Tod has:
- Led a city technology council through a growth phase that included organizational rebranding, increasing membership by 20% and revenue by 89%.
- Assisted a large academic medical center with board presentations that led to an acquisition strategy for community hospitals and the opening of a surgical center with infusion therapy.
- Helped a large regional health system in the Eastern U.S. develop a growth council and growth reporting, leading to regional expansion through acquisitions of community hospitals and the alignment of physician practices.
Prior to Huron, Tod founded and served as CEO and chief data scientist at Perception Health, which was acquired by Huron in 2021. He founded and served as chairman of Stratasan, a healthcare demographic and market share firm. Tod has held the roles of president and CEO of the Nashville Technology Council and various other leadership positions at healthcare, health technology and marketing organizations.
Tod earned his Bachelor of Science from Haslam College of Business at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He was recognized as a member of the Nashville Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in 2012 and the Nashville Technology Hall of Fame in 2013. In 2016, he was named Most Admired CEO and a Healthcare Hero (Entrepreneur Category) by the Nashville Business Journal.
Tod serves as president of the Tennessee chapter of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and is a certified Model-Netics instructor.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Care Transformation
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Management and Analytics
- Patient Transformation
- Research and Development Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy and Innovation
- Life Sciences
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
Education & Certifications
- B.S., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Model-Netics Instructor