Jean-Louis SorondoContact Jean-Louis Sorondo
Jean-Louis has more than 20 years of experience with forensic and fraud accounting, bankruptcy, and turnaround and litigation support. He has advised on numerous cases involving partnership disputes, lost profits, breach of contract claims, accountants' malpractice and potential Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations.
Jean-Louis has more than two decades of experience conducting forensic investigations for cases involving diversions of funds by fiduciaries and fraudulent accounting activity by management. He has specific expertise in the extraction, normalization and analysis of large-scale enterprise databases in support of litigation for a wide range of clients. By managing and integrating the results of multiple workstreams into comprehensive solutions, he has a long track record building client confidence through insightful reporting and quality assurance.
Throughout his career, Jean-Louis has:
- Led interviews and data acquisition to support counsel in an investigation into alleged FCPA violations at a major health and life sciences company.
- Provided litigation support for a major insurer defending complex claims by creating a database to perform multivariate scenario analyses and assess exposure to claims under a custom insurance program.
- Created an ad hoc SQL database to analyze over 53 million transactions and worked with a team to extract relevant financial entries and data that enabled counsel to make a significant recovery for its clients.
Prior to joining Huron, Jean-Louis was a managing director at Mesirow Financial Consulting LLC (“MFC”). Previously, he worked with Protiviti, FTI Consulting and Kroll Associates. As a licensed principal investigator in Florida, he performed investigations as to the whereabouts, affiliations and reputation of individuals and corporate entities.
Jean-Louis is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and the Project Management Institute.
Jean-Louis holds a Bachelor of Science in finance and international business from Florida International University.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Financial Services
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Florida International University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More