Dr. Jeff Morris currently lives and practices in Ohio, although he is originally from South Africa. Jeff has 33 years of medical practice experience, 12 years of physician executive leadership experience and more than 7 years of experience as a Studer Group coach and speaker. He works with physicians and medical staff leaders across the country to “connect the dots” between enhanced physician communication skills, greater patient engagement in their own care and better clinical outcomes, translating into a superior reputation, increased market-share, reduced liability risk, improved reimbursement and greater personal and professional fulfillment with less burnout. As a licensed and instrument-rated pilot, he also recognizes the many “patient safety” lessons - like the use of checklists - that we in healthcare can learn from the world of aviation.
Jeff trained as an orthopedic and hand surgeon in South Africa, Israel and Canada and, after attaining board certification, practiced in Thunder Bay and Burlington, Ontario before moving to the U.S. in 1990. In 2010 he became a part-time physician coach with the Studer Group, while serving concurrently in as regional vice president of medical affairs (VPMA) in 2 community hospitals in northeast Ohio. Jeff transitioned to become a full-time physician coach and national speaker with the Studer Group in 2012; however, he maintains a small but active part-time practice in non-surgical orthopedics, hypnotherapy and medical acupuncture.
Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Cultural Change
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Kent State University, College of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Witwatersrand
- BS, University of Witwatersrand
- Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada - FRCS(C)
- Certification - Medical Acupuncture - McMaster University
- Certification - Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy (Level 1), Hypnotherapy Training Institute