Jeff is a credit and lending expert with over 30 years of experience helping healthcare, energy, commercial real estate, media, and commercial and industrial clients successfully manage their portfolios, develop asset monetization strategies, and execute restructurings and bankruptcies.
Jeff has more than three decades of experience helping organizations across industries navigate complex financial management issues, with a focus on loan workout and recovery, underwriting, and portfolio management. He also has expertise establishing bank policy and procedures, developing risk ratings, and managing through market crises.
During his career, Jeff has:
- Managed a stressed/distressed portfolio of 480 borrowers with $7.4 billion of funded exposure.
- Managed the successful monetization of a $250 million distressed portfolio and led the deployment of over $1.5 billion new loans.
- Delivered a leveraged 90% internal rate of return/190% capital return multiple to a leading private equity firm in the U.S.
- Negotiated and closed over $2 billion of leverage facilities to support platform growth and returns.
- Structured a $4 billion unitranche joint venture with a private debt credit management firm to lower middle market and cyclical companies.
- Helped structure and execute a $3 billion liquidity facility to stave off and prepare for bankruptcy.
Prior to Huron, Jeff served as the managing director and special assets group head at Capital One Bank, LStar Capital, and CIT Group. He was also a co-founder and partner at Sasco Investment Group LLC, where he managed alternative assets.
Areas of Expertise
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Performance Improvement
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Business Planning
- Business Unit Strategy
- Enterprise Strategy
- Mergers Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Bridgeport
- B.S., University of Connecticut