John has more than 30 years of experience guiding organizations through restructuring, operational transformation, capital raising, buy-side advisory and merger integration. His expertise encompasses a wide range of industries, including automotive, metals and mining, manufacturing, aerospace, specialty engineering and construction, transportation and logistics, retail, and technology.
When advising organizations through complex financial challenges, success hinges on identifying solutions that benefit multiple stakeholders and enhance business value.”
John has served more than 250 companies, functioning for many as the chief restructuring officer and the lead fiduciary. He is a trusted adviser to financially and operationally distressed organizations and their leadership. He has extensive experience servicing debtors with complex capital structures and has raised billions of dollars in replacement and exit financings.
Throughout his career, John has:
- Served as a board member, chief restructuring officer and president to a highly leveraged provider of enterprise management software and cloud solutions. He led a team of professionals through a prepackaged restructuring and operational turnaround that included nearly $700 million of restructured debt and an 18% cost reduction plan.
- Led a group of industrial businesses with annual revenues totaling approximately $1 billion through a hostile Chapter 11, providing significant expert testimony.
- Overseen the team responsible for executing working capital enhancements, cash flow forecasting improvements and an organizational realignment to stabilize EBITDA during a financial markets technology provider’s shift to a subscription revenue model.
- Directed the financial and operational restructuring of a $750 million provider of integrated rail system construction and services, negotiating the bifurcation of debtor-in-possession (DIP) credit and surety arrangements.
Under John’s leadership, Huron’s business advisory experts and transformative client work have been recognized multiple times by the Turnaround Management Association.
Prior to joining Huron, John was the president of Glass & Associates. He has also held a variety of management consulting roles at PwC and Grant Thornton LLP.
Areas of Expertise
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University
- Certified turnaround professional
- Certified managerial accountant