Jon specializes in improving the effectiveness of his clients’ financial, operational and information technology (IT) functions across a variety of industries. He’s an accomplished finance and IT leader with comprehensive senior-level management experience, including full profit and loss (P&L) ownership, project and practice operations, business development, and applications and operations consulting.
Successful engagements help clients realize benefits on day one and establish a framework for sustaining those benefits over the long term.”
With nearly 20 years of experience, Jon has demonstrated an ability to collaborate with client executives and project teams to ensure the success of performance-driven solutions that meet clients’ business, financial, competitive and market demands. He’s a seasoned communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills and the ability to build, produce and succeed.
Throughout his career, Jon has often collaborated with clients from initial advisory road map development and business case justification through deployment and support. These engagements have been across multiple industries, including energy, financial services and professional services.
Throughout his career, Jon has been the engagement lead for:
- An Oracle Cloud Financials, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (ePBCS) transformation at a global investment bank. He led the implementation scoping and deployment strategy discussion through successful multiphased deployments.
- An Oracle Cloud Financials migration from PeopleSoft at an insurance organization, leading the implementation scoping, business case validation, solution design and implementation.
- An Oracle Cloud Financials implementation at a regional bank. Jon helped review and redesign the chart of accounts, established deployment timing and approach, and provided guidance on integration with legacy and third-party applications. He also worked to outline post-go-live support and ongoing operationalization of the cloud applications.
Prior to joining Huron, Jon was the director of Oracle Financial Applications at Emtec. In this position, he was responsible for all aspects of the Oracle Financials practice, including the go-to-market strategy, recruiting and resource development, staffing, practice P&L and business development. Previously, Jon spent 11 years with Emerging Solutions, where he was an equity partner and the financials practice lead.
Jon is a member of the Midwest Regional Users Group (MWRUG) and is a frequent speaker at many local and national Oracle and finance-related events. He has presented on a wide range of business, strategy and technology topics at Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle’s Modern Finance Experience event, Collaborate and numerous regional Oracle user group events.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Financial Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Professional and Business Services
Education & Certifications
- B.A., University of Michigan
- Certified in Oracle Cloud Financials implementation training
- Certified in Oracle Cloud PPM implementation training