Judy has more than 30 years of experience implementing and managing major systems and innovative technologies within the healthcare and manufacturing industries. She has led numerous software implementation engagements from planning phases to ongoing support, including SAP, MEDITECH 6.x and Expanse 2.x programs, to ensure cost-effective technology that aligns with business goals.
Judy is an executive healthcare and technology leader with nearly three decades of experience developing innovative technology solutions and strategic road maps to improve clinical and business workflows. She specializes in project management and technical implementations of electronic health records (EHR), pre-readiness assessments, staff development, infrastructure and information technology (IT) strategic planning and implementations, host and cloud assessments, and cost savings and contract management.
Throughout her career, Judy has:
- Led the pre-readiness assessment, contract and budget phase, and cloud vendor selection for an EHR implementation at three-Community hospital network in the Northeast to consolidate patient records and develop a unified governing structure.
- Managed COVID-19 IT telehealth acute and ambulatory implementations, a new testing location, and a new intensive care unit floor at a community hospital in the Northeast.
- Led a successful two-year, multiwave MEDITECH 6.1 implementation at a community hospital in the mid-Atlantic region and developed a master go-live plan for 30-plus interfaces, including connection to the state health information exchange (HIE).
- Provided a comprehensive technical-readiness assessment for a Southern, nonprofit community hospital, resulting in a detailed infrastructure and network-readiness strategic road map.
- Developed a five-year business and technology plan and road map, led a data center upgrade and redesign, and created a mobility team to provide the latest technologies to improve clinical workflow and patient satisfaction for a community hospital in the Northeast.
- Served as the interim chief technology officer and IT director at a Northeastern community hospital, where she performed successful disaster recovery restores for MEDITECH 6.05 and created a technical action security plan for managing potential security weaknesses, sensitive information and regulatory compliance.
- Led an infrastructure and network optimization engagement, overseeing the installation of Voice over Internet Protocol telephone and telemetry systems for multiple new medical buildings and developing a five-year business and technology plan and road map at a Northeastern teaching hospital.
- Led an HIE vendor assessment and provided recommendations for a long-term rehabilitation hospital in the Southern region.
Previously, Judy served as IT director, network/infrastructure and telecommunications, at Jordan Hospital, where she led the technical implementation of MEDITECH 6.0. While there, she served on numerous committees, including the Senior Leadership IT Steering Committee, the Information Protection Compliance Committee and several hospital fundraising committees. Judy currently serves on three HIMSS Health Information Exchange (HIE) task forces as well as IT advisory boards and is a member of the Society for Information Management (SIM).