Kathleen has more than 15 years of experience leading and developing finance teams within the automotive manufacturing industry, ranging from corporate financial planning and analysis groups to business units.
Kathleen has nearly two decades of experience as a finance executive partnering with clients to turn around business units to profitability, to integrate acquisitions and to stabilize financial operations.
Throughout her career, Kathleen has:
- Stabilized the financial operations of a $200 million carve-out while reducing costs and ensuring compliance and accurate International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting.
- Optimized the financial operations of a $500 million business unit for a heavy-duty diesel manufacturing company.
- Transitioned internal business plans from setting targets and modeling to setting standards and measurement, as well as externally from supplier viability analysis.
- Served as a board member for a joint venture between two major suppliers in the automotive industry.
- Served as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customer representative for distressed suppliers in the automotive industry, managing daily cash and operations requirements to ensure supply continuity.
Prior to joining Huron, Kathleen served as the director of finance, treasury and information technology at SEG Automotive North America.
Prior to SEG, Kathleen was the finance director of the electrical/electronic distribution systems business unit and later the powertrain business unit at Delphi Automotive, holding both regional and global finance roles and managing profit and loss statements in excess of $1 billion of turnover.
Kathleen holds a Master of Science in finance from Walsh College and a Bachelor of Arts in international business and Spanish from Alma College.
Kathleen was named as one of Crain’s 2020 Notable Women in Finance in the Detroit market.