Laura has over 20 years of experience leading complex restructuring, transformational efforts, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. She provides expert counsel to clients in a variety of industries, including automotive, industrial manufacturing, metals, municipalities, transportation, retail franchising, pharmaceuticals, higher education, consumer products and publishing.
Sometimes successful transformation means an organization’s role in its industry may shift. Repurposing existing assets — or nurturing new ones — can open up new markets, generate revenue and manage risk.”
Laura has guided numerous clients through organizational restructuring, helping executive teams develop short- and long-term creative solutions, customer strategies, and sustainable resourcing plans to improve financial performance and facilitate growth.
Laura’s work for and viewpoints on the automotive supplier community served as a basis by which requests were made to Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner and the U.S. government for funding to the automotive supplier community in 2009.
Throughout her career, she has:
- Served as the chief restructuring officer for multiple organizations, including a chief steel distributer, a major U.S. fast food franchise, a $45 million publishing company and a $500 million diversified automotive supplier.
- Advised over 200 automotive suppliers globally, overseeing the negotiation of accommodation agreements and developing custom resource allocation and utilization plans.
- Overseen M&A transactions for organizations across several industries, including a $350 million paper recycler, a $50 million sporting goods distributor and numerous international automotive firms.
In 2014, Governor Rick Snyder appointed Laura to serve on the Michigan Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery. Laura has also served as the finance committee chairperson for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra board and as co-chairperson on the board of directors for the Michigan Network of International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation.
Laura has been recognized by The M&A Advisor with awards numerous times. In 2013, Laura was selected as a recipient for The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 award and in 2011 for Crain’s Detroit Business’ 40 Under 40 award.
Laura holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
Areas of Expertise
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Michigan
- Executive Women’s Board of Director Training, Northwestern University
- Certified public accountant, Michigan
- Certified insolvency and restructuring adviser