Leah has more than 14 years of experience guiding healthcare institutions through large-scale consumer experience and performance improvement engagements. Her expertise includes consumer experience design facilitation and strategy development, journey mapping, and experience-related operational improvement engagements.
Leah helps healthcare clients in a variety of environments, specializing in complex engagements with large providers, including academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and multifacility health systems. She has led and implemented large-scale solutions for clients ranging in size from $400 million to over $5 billion in net revenue. Her experience spans all areas of the consumer, care, and operational continuum. Additionally, Leah leads the development and delivery of Huron’s consumer transformation offering, which drives improved experience through consumer-centered strategy and operations based on Huron’s change leadership, analytics, and digital health expertise.
Throughout her career, Leah has:
- Led the enterprise customer experience and relationship management road map for a large academic medical center in the Southeast, driving collaborative design, executive alignment, and recommendations to achieve strategic goals for customer experience.
- Led the systemwide consumer experience strategy development for a large health system in the Southeast, including consumer segmentation research, journey mapping, and multiyear road map development inclusive of operational and digital consumer capabilities, accelerating progress on the overall strategic plan and improving consumer loyalty.
- Led performance improvement efforts of acute and physician revenue cycle operations for a regional health system in New York, driving over $30 million in recurring net revenue benefits through standardization and optimization efforts.
- Directed end-to-end operational redesign and centralization planning at a five-hospital system in Louisiana that produced $35 million in recurring net revenue and $19 million in one-time cash benefits.
- Managed the standardization of processes, tools, and staff performance of a $3 billion health system comprising 19 hospitals across the Western Seaboard and Hawaii, exceeding net revenue improvement projections by more than $20 million.
- Led the patient access integration of a hospital acquisition into the existing operations of a large 15-facility nonprofit health system, overseeing the standardization of operations and driving improvements in productivity and staff quality, which resulted in $10 million cash improvement in six months.
Leah holds a master’s degree in health administration with a focus in health finance and management from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and a Bachelor of Arts in public health studies, cum laude, from Johns Hopkins University. She also holds a Human-Centered Design Thinking certification from IDEO.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
- Care Transformation
- Strategic Programming
- Customer Relationship Management
Education & Certifications
- MHA, Johns Hopkins University
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University
- Human-Centered Design Thinking Certification, IDEO