Leah has more than 12 years of experience leading consumer experience and performance improvement engagements for academic medical centers, national and regional multifacility health systems, and community hospitals. She specializes in developing new healthcare consumer experience capabilities, including customer relationship management (CRM) accelerators, consumer insights methods and tools, and experience value measurement.
Leah has led and implemented revenue cycle solutions for clients ranging in size from $400 million to over $4 billion in net revenue. Her experience spans all areas of the revenue cycle, including patient access, patient accounting, health information management, case management, system conversions and business office consolidation. Additionally, Leah leads development and delivery of Huron’s consumer transformation offering, which drives improved experience through consumer-centered strategy and operations based on Huron’s change leadership, analytics and digital health expertise.
Throughout her career, Leah has:
- Led performance improvement efforts of acute and physician revenue cycle operations for a regional health system in New York, resulting in more than $30 million in recurring net revenue benefits.
- Directed the redesign and centralization planning of a revenue cycle solution at a five-hospital system in Louisiana, resulting in $35 million in recurring net revenue and $19 million in one-time cash benefits through patient access, managed care and business office improvements.
- Managed the standardization of processes, tools and staff performance of a $3 billion health system comprising 19 hospitals across the Western Seaboard and Hawaii, resulting in exceeding net revenue improvement projections by more than $20 million.
- Managed a health information system (HIS) conversion project focused on risk mitigation, accounts receivable liquidation and system optimization.
- Led the patient access integration of a hospital acquisition into the existing operations of a large 15-facility non-profit health system, overseeing the standardization of operations and driving improvements in productivity and staff quality.
Leah is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). She was a guest speaker at the August 2016 Healthcare Business Association of Northeast New York Annual Healthcare Institute.
Leah holds a master’s degree in health administration with a focus in health finance and management and a Bachelor of Arts in public health studies, cum laude, from Johns Hopkins University.