Madeleine has 15 years of experience in hospital operations, including nearly a decade of leading financial and operational performance improvement engagements with academic medical centers, rural and community hospitals, pediatric facilities, and complex multifacility health systems. Her expertise spans clinical operations, revenue cycle management, workforce management, clinical documentation improvement, revenue cycle management, and strategy and advisory services.
Madeleine has led numerous client engagements, ranging from implementing care management programs at multifacility health systems to assisting clients in expanding clinical programs and services to patients. She specializes in performance improvement, change management and identifying opportunities specifically in the areas of interdisciplinary care coordination, house management, emergency department and care variation.
Throughout her career, Madeleine has:
- Served as the project manager for a large care management implementation at an 11-hospital system, contributing to a 24% decrease in inpatient days.
- Led a patient status management process improvement engagement at a pediatric system, resulting in an additional $5.6 million in annual revenue.
- Developed road maps for clinical operations, supply chain, physician solutions, care access, human resources and pharmacies.
- Served as the project manager for a service line growth initiative at a pediatric hospital, enabling the organization to reach an additional 1,000 patients a year.
- Led care management implementation at a community hospital, contributing to a 0.98 length-of-stay decrease, or 16% reduction in inpatient days.
Madeleine is a licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) and prior to joining Huron worked as a program coordinator for a pediatric congenital heart disease program at a leading children’s hospital.
Madeleine is a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare (SSWLHC) and American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
Madeleine holds a master’s degree in social work with a healthcare specialization from The Catholic University of America and a Bachelor of Arts in economics and French from Connecticut College.